Yeti Program Manager - Job Description
If you qualify for this position, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Job Summary: The YETI Program Manager will manage the Youth Employment and Training Initiative program at Workshops, Inc. YETI is a new program at Workshops, funded by a grant from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA) and granted locally through the Central Alabama Partnership for Training and Employment (CAPTE). The YETI program at Workshops will serve out-of-school youth, ages 16-24, through case management and referrals to existing training programs. The program manager will be a self-starter who can build a successful program utilizing relationships with resources in the greater Birmingham area.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in vocational rehabilitation counseling, job development or social service program development and implementation
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter who can work well independently to meet goals, and who is not afraid to dive in to build a new program from scratch.
· Must have comfort and aptitude to work with people of various backgrounds
· Must have proven experience in providing quality counseling and guidance of others
· Must have proven experience in understanding the range of resources in the greater Birmingham area and connecting clients to thos resources
· Must be computer literate with strong word processing skills and the ability to deftly navigate online job applications
· Must have a driving record acceptable to workshops, Inc.’s insurance company for coverage, plus liability coverage that meets Workshops, Inc.’s requirements.
To be successful in this role, the YETI Program Manager must be effective in developing and maintaining relationships with referral sources; delivering consistently high quality programming and ensuring effective reporting of participant activities, achievements and challenges.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
1. Recruit YETI Program Participants
a. Work with Director of Development & Marketing and Director of Programs to determine best recruiting strategies and implement these strategies.
b. Recruit 15 participants for initial program year. More recruits may be needed if original participants fail to complete the program.
2. Coordinate Onboarding and Assessments of Program Participants
a. Ensure that all participant applicants are eligible under rules of the grant
b. Provide a prompt intake process for persons served, with initial contact attempt no more than 3 business days after receipt of referral or application
c. Ensure tha all program participants are registered appropriately with CAPTE
d. Coordinate initial assessments with Workshops’ Director of Programs
e. Work with each participant to develop an individualized plan for service.
f. Ensure that all participants are entered into the Apricot database and that all required reporting is managed in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
g. Ensure that each person served is oriented effectively to Workshops, Inc policies and programs.
3. Cultivate Relationships with Community Service Providers and Potential Employers/Mentors
a. Research local program providers to effectively refer program participants to GED or High School diploma options.
b. Research local options for apprenticeships, certificate programs and other vocational education programs that meet the needs and interest of program participants.
4. Guide Program Participants Through the YETI Program
a. Proactively and regularly check in with program participants to ensure they are making progress toward goals. Discover ways the YETI program can better support program participants and how we can remove obstacles that keep them from success.
b. Follow the grant guidelines to ensure we are guiding each participant toward the best outcomes and providing the support needed to achieve their goals.
c. Work with other staff and community partners to solve problems that impact a person’s employment (eg: transportation, child care needs, family or housing problems, etc.)
d. Work with each participant to evaluate and revise goals and objectives as needed.
e. Work with persons served on social and communication skills, problem solving and decision making skills, conflict resolution, appropriate co-worker and supervisor relations, etc., individually or in small groups.
f. Maintain consumer confidentiality according to Workshops’ policies
g. Maintain documentation regarding referral information, service provision and termination information to keep files current.
h. Maintain communication and cooperative relationship with partner agencies to enhance service provision. Seek feedback often.
5. Ensure Accurate and Timely Reporting
a. Work with the Programs Data Specialist to ensure that we are capturing all needed data and submitting monthly reports and billing to CAPTE
6. Work as a member of a staff team that is oriented toward the success of the people we serve
a. Participate in Case Conference meetings and seek and make appropriate recommendations regarding consumer cases
b. Keep knowledge base current by attending all required training, in-services, conference and meetings
c. Performs other duties as requested for the good of consumers or the organization as a while
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Workshops, Inc. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by their supervisor/manager, regardless of job title or routine job duties, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Typical Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office and throughout the community in various workplaces or meeting locations. Work may require sitting for long periods of time, standing and public speaking. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone, copies and other office equipment as necessary. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires driving and transporting persons served (transporting persons served is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19). Involves contact with staff, persons served and the public.
Work Hours: This is a full time exempt position. Hours may vary, but typical work hours are 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.